Erik Townsend and Aaron Chan welcome Alex Gurevich to MacroVoices. Erik and Alex discuss:
- Market reaction to latest FOMC policy decision
- Concurrent necessity and dominance of the long U.S. dollar trade
- Importance of placing current Fed actions in the context of historical rate-hiking cycles
- Egregiously cheap valuations on 10-year Treasury Notes
- Where we stand in the current bond bull market
- Gold's positive risk-reward and return expectations in the coming years
- Arguments for a long-Nikkei trade
- Opportunities in USD/JPY
- China's $30 trillion private debt unwind and history of imperial collapse
- Migrant and political crises' effects on the future of the Euro
- Capital market impacts of a Trump or Clinton presidency
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. | Download the MP3 File.
Click to Play Now!
Alex Gurevich is Founder and Chief Investment Officer of HonTe Investments. He has been involved in trading for over 20 years and is considered one of the world’s preeminent macro traders. He has held various roles on Wall Street which included managing derivative franchise businesses and running the global macro portfolio at JP Morgan. More recently, Alex has been managing his personal wealth through his family office. He is author of The Next Perfect Trade, which thoughtfully articulates his portfolio strategy and was published in the fall of 2015. Alex was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia and earned his PhD in mathematics from the University of Chicago.