Erik Townsend welcomes Jeffrey Snider to MacroVoices. Erik and Jeffrey discuss:
- Understanding Eurodollars and the Eurodollar shortage
- The real drivers of the US Dollar bull market
- The flaws in the reflation trade narrative
- Looking at the swap spreads turning positive
- Inflation outlook
- Connection between Eurodollars and gold
- TIC US Banking Data – Caribbean, Europe, Asia
- Impact of QE on Eurodollars
- China and PBOC considerations
- Absolute improvement vs. relative
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this interview, and Erik and Jeff will refer to it throughout the interview. Registered users here at MacroVoices.com already received the download link in your research roundup e-mail. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, click “Research Library” and Guest Publications near the top of the page. From there you can download the PDF.
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. | Download the MP3 File. | Download the podcast transcript:
Click to Play Now!
Mr. Snider is Chief Investment Strategist and Head of Global Research at Alhambra Investment Partners. Through detailed and comprehensive investigation of the global monetary and banking system, he was one of the few analysts to sound the alarm during the run-up to the panic of 2008 and then to predict the rebound in 2009. His current commentary focuses on the global implications of the ongoing monetary deconstruction including the failure of Federal Reserve and central bank policy. Mr. Snider is published nationally at RealClearMarkets, NewsMax, David Stockman's Contra Corner, and other places.