Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Charlie McElligott to MacroVoices. Erik and Charlie discuss:
- Perspective on late cycle dynamics
- Update on the steepener narrative
- Cross asset momentum reversal and what is coming next?
- CTA position estimating model – how does it work?
- Equity and bond market outlook
- Significant upside potential in VIX – could it be the next blow-up event?
- Gold outlook – is it time to buy?
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Charlie will refer to it throughout the interview. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Click here to register for access to supporting materials.
Charlie McElligott is a Managing Director and Cross-Asset Macro Strategist for the Global Markets Americas business at Nomura Securities International, with more than 15 years’ experience in macro markets. He concentrates on positioning and sentiment, alongside quantitative factor analysis.
Prior to joining Nomura, Charlie was Head of US Cross-Asset Macro Strategy at RBC Capital Markets. Before that, he spent eight years at UBS.
Charlie has a BA in Government with a focus on International Relations from Dartmouth College.