Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Jeff Snider to MacroVoices. Erik and Jeff discuss:
- Why deflation?
- Was it really a historic sell-off in bond market?
- Why the government wants inflation
- US Treasury yield curve vs. Eurodollar yield curve
- Will the Fed stick to the zero lower bound for the foreseeable future?
- Definition of reflation vs. recovery
- Underwhelming current reflationary sell-off
- Inflation expectations in the TIPS market
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Jeff will refer to it throughout the discussion. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Click here to register or login for access to supporting materials.
Mr. Snider is Head of Global Research at Alhambra Investment Partners. Through detailed and comprehensive investigation of the global monetary and banking system, he was one of the few analysts to sound the alarm during the run-up to the panic of 2008 and then to predict the rebound in 2009. His current commentary focuses on the global implications of the ongoing monetary deconstruction including the failure of Federal Reserve and central bank policy.