Erik Townsend welcomes Artem Milinchuck, Founder & CEO of FarmTogether and Scott Lynn, Founder & CEO of Masterworks.io to MacroVoices. Erik, Artem and Scott discuss:
- Democratizing Alternatives: What inspired the creation of Masterworks.io and FarmTogether.com
- Why these asset classes were previously reserved to the ultra-wealthy
- Profile of the typical farmland and fine art investor
- Outlook for fine art and farmland in a post-pandemic world
- The impact of low interest rates on farmland and fine art investing
Artem has over 10 years of finance experience in food, agriculture, and farmland. Prior to founding FarmTogether, Artem was employee #1 and CFO/VP of Operations at Full Harvest Technologies, a now post-Series A B2B platform for buying and selling produce.
He previously worked at Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Sprott Resource Holdings, E&Y and PwC.
Artem holds an MBA from The Wharton School, and a BA and MA in Economics from the Higher School of Economics.
Scott Lynn is the Founder and CEO of Masterworks, the first company to allow investors to buy shares representing ownership of great masterpieces by artists like Warhol, Monet, and Banksy. Scott has been an active collector of contemporary art for more than fifteen years and has built an internationally-recognized collection of Abstract Expressionism that has included works by Clyfford Still, Barnett Newman, Mark Rothko, Willem de Kooning, and more. In addition to Masterworks, Scott serves on the board of v2 ventures (Adparlor, Giant Media, Reachmobi, Amply, and Sellozo), Payability, and the Brooklyn Rail (a non-profit publication in the art industry).