Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Charlie McElligott to MacroVoices. Erik and Charlie discuss:
- Key takeaways from previous tightening cycles
- Secular vs. transitory inflation
- Aftermaths of hiking cycles of the past
- Impacts of COVID pandemic effects on the market
- Ukraine/Russia relations – downside left tail or right tail risk?
- Outlook for second half of 2022
- How to interpret lack of liquidity in the markets
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Patrick will refer to it throughout the postgame segment. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Charlie McElligott is a Managing Director and Cross-Asset Macro Strategist for the Global Markets Americas business at Nomura Securities International, with more than 15 years’ experience in macro markets. He concentrates on positioning and sentiment, alongside quantitative factor analysis.
Prior to joining Nomura, Charlie was Head of US Cross-Asset Macro Strategy at RBC Capital Markets. Before that, he spent eight years at UBS.
Charlie has a BA in Government with a focus on International Relations from Dartmouth College.