Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Jeff Snider to MacroVoices. Erik and Jeff discuss:
- DXY reaching multi-year lows – is this the beginning of the dollar crash?
- Basics of US dollar crash and related Treasury market destruction
- Has quantitative easing been successful?
- Japanese Inflation & QE – Is US monetary policy following the Japanese model?
- Lower indication in inflation indices despite excessive liquidity
- Is the U.S. dollar’s global reserve currency status being threatened?
- Perspectives on MMT
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Jeff will refer to it throughout the discussion. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Mr. Snider is Chief Investment Strategist and Head of Global Research at Alhambra Investment Partners. Through detailed and comprehensive investigation of the global monetary and banking system, he was one of the few analysts to sound the alarm during the run-up to the panic of 2008 and then to predict the rebound in 2009. His current commentary focuses on the global implications of the ongoing monetary deconstruction including the failure of Federal Reserve and central bank policy. Mr. Snider is published nationally at RealClearMarkets, NewsMax, David Stockman's Contra Corner, and other places.