Erik Townsend welcomes Axel Merk to MacroVoices. Erik and Axel discuss:
- The ECB, Fed, and BOJ statements and how policies are shifting
- The upward trajectory of the Euro following a confusing ECB statement
- The key differences between central banking in the US, and the Eurozone
- TLTRO2: "a funding for lending scheme" - how does it work, what does it mean?
- A potential bottoming in European interest rates
- Will a Fed rate hike mean a stronger dollar, or have markets already priced this in?
- The Fed members, structure, focus and process
- Coming headwinds for asset prices as the Fed unwinds an unprecedented easing cycle
- The counterproductivity of negative interest rates and extraordinary central bank policy
- The Dollar rally - how did we get here and is the rally over?
- Gold and other "safe havens" - where can investors hide in this challenging environment?
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here |
Download the MP3 File
Click to Play Now!
Axel Merk is President & CIO of Merk Investments, Manager of the Merk Funds. An authority on currencies, Axel is a recognized expert on the global economy, monetary policy and international investing. He is a pioneer in using strategic currency investing, including gold, to seek diversification and portable alpha. Merk, dubbed the "Currency Guru" by Morningstar, is a regular guest on CNBC, FoxBusiness and Bloomberg; his unique expertise and insights are sought after by think tanks, investor groups and financial media around the world.