Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Ole Hansen to MacroVoices. Erik and Ole discuss:
- How to make sense of the commodity market under the current backdrop
- Inflation and central bank’s reaction
- Monetary policy vs. commodity supply demand
- What drives a commodity super cycle?
- Will crisis emerge due to surge of global food prices?
- Energy – how high will oil prices go?
- Outlook on precious metals
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Ole will refer to it throughout the discussion. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Ole Hansen joined Saxo Bank in 2008 and has been Head of Commodity Strategy since 2010. He focuses on delivering strategies and analyses of the global commodity markets defined by fundamentals, market sentiment and technical developments.
Hansen is the author of the Weekly Commodity Update, which sets out the moves in commodities, and also provides clients with commodity-related trade views under the #SaxoStrats brand. He is a regular contributor to both broadcast and print media including CNBC, Bloomberg, Reuters, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times and the Telegraph.