Erik Townsend welcomes Jeffrey Christian to MacroVoices. Erik and Jeffrey discuss:
- The advantages held by the US over other economies
- The reasons for the recent USD strength and where it is headed next
- The market reaction to the most recent round of hawkishness from the Fed
- The Gold market internals which have supported its price in 2016, and the possibility of a pullback
- The relevance of the Commitments of Traders report in the Gold market
- What institutional positioning in precious metals tells us about liquidity flows
- Platinum, Palladium, their extraction methods and uses, their relationship to each other and other PMs
- Where we are currently in the broader commodities cycle
- The problems facing China, Japan, and Europe
- Economic, social, and political issues in Russia
- Possibilities for Gold and non-USD currencies playing a bigger role in central bank reserves, and more...
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. |
Download the MP3 File
Click to Play Now!
Mr. Christian is Managing Director and founder of CPM Group, one of the most respected precious metals and commodities research companies in the world. He founded CPM Group in 1986 when he bought the Commodities Research Group he managed from J. Aron and Goldman Sachs. He is one of the foremost authorities worldwide on the markets for gold, silver, and the platinum group metals, and is well known for his application of economic and econometrics across commodities markets. He also is well known for his financial engineering work using commodities derivatives both for hedging and investment purposes. He has worked with governments, the United Nations, World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Monetary Fund, and many of the world’s largest and most prominent mining companies, industrial companies, investment banks, and institutional investors.