Erik Townsend welcomes Grant Williams to MacroVoices. Erik and Grant discuss:
- Grant’s experience and insights from observing Brexit outside of the UK
- The next-steps and long-run view for the UK post-Brexit
- The potential of the EU making an example out of the UK to prevent other countries from leaving
- The current political void in British politics and who might step-up to fill this void
- The precarious state of the European banking system
- Deutsche Bank’s status as “Too Big to Fail”
- How Brexit will spread political contagion and stoke calls for referenda in other European countries
- The likelihood of the Fed having to ease with only 25 bps of room
- What the dollar and gold both moving higher portends for the state of the global economy
- The non-zero probability of war as a means of resolving unsurmountable debt burdens
- Possible war scenarios under Trump or Clinton
- Grant’s wonderfully-done “Crazy” presentation on RVTV
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. |
Download the MP3 File
Click to Play Now!
Much to his chagrin, Grant Williams has reached 30 years in finance.
Over that period, he has held senior positions at a number of investment banks and brokers in locations as diverse as London, Tokyo, New York, Hong Kong, Sydney and Singapore.
Grant is portfolio and strategy advisor to Vulpes Investment Management in Singapore and also one of the founders of Real Vision Television — an online, on-demand finance channel showcasing the brightest minds in finance.