Erik Townsend and Aaron Chan welcome Jeffrey Christian to MacroVoices. Erik and Jeffrey discuss:
- U.S. Dollar predictions and the range-bound outlook
- Brexit contagion and potential impacts on gold and silver
- Forward near-term guidane for gold and silver prices
- Outlooks for macroeconomic drivers of precious metals
- Economic and financial susceptibility given middling global GDP growth
- Rejecting old mental models with unprecedentedly low real and nominal interest rates
- Excess reserve accumulation backfiring against Fed intentions
- Continued expected disinflationary and deflationary forces until monetary and/or fiscal policy shifts
- Low probability of a medium-term moonshot in precious metals prices assuming continued disinflation
- Billionaire investors going public with bearish economic and market calls
- Degradation of global political cooperation
- Trump vs. Clinton implications for global markets and precious metals
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. | Download the MP3 File.
Click to Play Now!
Mr. Christian is Managing Director and founder of CPM Group, one of the most respected precious metals and commodities research companies in the world. He founded CPM Group in 1986 when he bought the Commodities Research Group he managed from J. Aron and Goldman Sachs. He is one of the foremost authorities worldwide on the markets for gold, silver, and the platinum group metals, and is well known for his application of economic and econometrics across commodities markets. He also is well known for his financial engineering work using commodities derivatives both for hedging and investment purposes. He has worked with governments, the United Nations, World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Monetary Fund, and many of the world’s largest and most prominent mining companies, industrial companies, investment banks, and institutional investors.