Erik Townsend and Aaron Chan introduce the Accredited Investor Academy Series, Part 4. We’re taking this week off from our regular show format, so instead of a featured interview guest, we’re airing the final part of a four-part series about learning to be a sophisticated private investor.
Erik and Aaron discuss:
- Definition and origins of the hedge fund
- Whether active managers are able to outperform the market
- Impediments to investing in the "top name" hedge funds
- Various hedge fund strategies
- How to learn and gather more information on hedge funds
- CTA's and managed futures commodity pools
- Fund of funds
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. | Download the MP3 File.
Click to Play Now!
Erik Townsend is a retired software entrepreneur turned hedge fund manager. Throughout his career, Erik has capitalized on his ability to understand complex systems and anticipate paradigm shifts far in advance of the mainstream. He launched a Global Macro-strategy hedge fund in July 2013. In February 2016, in a joint effort with Nathan Egger, Erik launched MacroVoices, a new weekly financial podcast program which will target professional finance, high net worth, and other “sophisticated” investors who desire financial content at a level of sophistication and complexity above what the retail investment-focused podcasts on the Internet presently offer.