Mark J. Grant
Chief Strategist and Managing Director
Areas of Focus
- The domestic and global economies and the events that impact those economies and their markets.
- Economic and market strategist
- Joined HilltopSecurities in 2002
- Has more than 40 years of Capital Markets/Public Finance experience
- Writes a macro -economic commentary, "Out of the Box," which is distributed, each day, to more than 5,000 large financial institutions in forty-eight countries. It is also published daily in London and in Paris
- Author of several books including "Out of the Box and onto Wall Street"
- Recently named as one of Bloomberg's "Prophets", offering insights on markets, the economy and monetary policy
- Is widely quoted in Barrons, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Bloomberg, et al, and has been a frequent guest, for the last twenty years, on CNBC. He is also on the Canadian Broadcast Company and the Chinese Public Broadcast Company networks regularly.
- Prior experience includes: head of Capital Markets and served on the Board of Directors of four different investment banks; serving as President of one of those investment banks; President and Board member of a public telecommunications company; serves on the Board of Directors of a number of private companies