Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Simon White to MacroVoices. Erik and Simon discuss:
- Considerations on the equity markets
- Post-crash dynamics
- Medium-term drivers of the U.S. Dollar
- Has something fundamentally changed in the U.S. treasury markets?
- Where is the yield curve going?
- TED and LIBOR OIS spreads
- Outlook on the Canadian economy
- Context on the Chinese economic outlook
- Has the Japanese economy peaked?
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this interview, and Erik and Simon will refer to it throughout the interview. Registered users here at MacroVoices.com already received the download link in your research roundup e-mail. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Click here to register for access to supporting materials.
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here | Download the MP3 file | Download the podcast transcript:
Click to Play Now!
Simon White is Co-Founder and Managing Editor at Variant Perception. Before Variant Perception, Simon was risk manager to two funds including PH2 Capital Management in London and brings extensive risk-management experience to the team. Previous to that, Simon worked for JP Morgan as an interest-rate swaps trader in multiple currencies, followed by a position at Bank of America taking risk on the bank’s balance sheet.