Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Charlie McElligott to MacroVoices. Erik and Charlie discuss:
- Curve steepener as a recession signal
- Dollar, real rates and inflation expectations impact on S&P500
- Gauging tighter financial conditions
- Chinese credit/financing impulse
- Late cycle behavior from autos and homebuilders
- Fearing the inversion or the steepener on the yield curve?
- Nabe wage surveys, unemployment and recessions
- Hedge fund underperformance and the performance chase
Register your free MacroVoices account and get access to the chart book that accompanies the interview.
Click here to register for access to supporting materials.
Get embed code for this episode | For other embed code options click here | Download the
| Download the podcast transcript:
Click to Play Now!
Charlie McElligott is Managing Director and Cross-Asset Macro Strategist for Nomura’s Global Markets business.
Mr. McElligott is based in New York and joins Nomura from RBC Capital Markets where he was most recently a Managing Director and Head of US Cross-Asset Macro Strategy.
Mr. McElligott concentrates on macro markets with a focus on positioning and sentiment, alongside quantitative factor analysis. His goal is to provide actionable insights through daily content and idea generation.