Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Charlie McElligott back to MacroVoices. Erik and Charlie discuss:
- China Trade Collapse
- Update on China Credit Impulse
- PBoC Liquidity Operations
- Bear market rally or continuation of bull market?
- Fading the Fed’s economic optimism
- Sequencing that could cause a force in on the equity markets
- CTA Model Positioning across asset classes
- Positioning in risk parity funds
- Purge in equity fund flows in Q4 2018
- Fear the steepener
Register your free MacroVoices account and get access to the chart book that accompanies the interview.
Click here to register for access to supporting materials.
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here | Download the
| Download the podcast transcript:
Click to Play Now!
Charlie McElligott is Managing Director and Cross-Asset Macro Strategist for Nomura’s Global Markets business.
Mr. McElligott is based in New York and joins Nomura from RBC Capital Markets where he was most recently a Managing Director and Head of US Cross-Asset Macro Strategy.
Mr. McElligott concentrates on macro markets with a focus on positioning and sentiment, alongside quantitative factor analysis. His goal is to provide actionable insights through daily content and idea generation.