Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Jeff Snider to MacroVoices. Erik and Jeff discuss:
- The definition and the history of Eurodollar
- Eurodollar as global reserve currency
- Who really governs US dollar
- Interbank borrowing, shadow money and Eurodollar transactions
- Bretton Woods gold exchange system vs. Eurodollar system
- How the global economy and the global financial system depend on Eurodollar system
- The breakdown of Eurodollar system and the Great Global Monetary Crisis
- The Eurodollar squeeze and its effect on the global system
- Correlation between the Eurodollar squeeze and the US dollar index
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this interview, as Erik and Jeff will refer to it throughout the interview. Registered users here at MacroVoices.com already received the download link in your research roundup e-mail. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Click here to register for access to supporting materials.
Get embed code for this episode. | For other embed code options click here. | Download the
. | Download the podcast transcript:
Click to Play Now!
Mr. Snider is Chief Investment Strategist and Head of Global Research at Alhambra Investment Partners. Through detailed and comprehensive investigation of the global monetary and banking system, he was one of the few analysts to sound the alarm during the run-up to the panic of 2008 and then to predict the rebound in 2009. His current commentary focuses on the global implications of the ongoing monetary deconstruction including the failure of Federal Reserve and central bank policy. Mr. Snider is published nationally at RealClearMarkets, NewsMax, David Stockman's Contra Corner, and other places.