Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Jim Rickards to MacroVoices. Erik and Jim discuss:
- Private debt problem and its breaking point
- Progression of growing debt
- History of US government debt to GDP ratio
- History of the US treasury market
- Cost of low growth and high debt
- Drivers of inflation- confidence not money supply
- Why Modern Monetary Theory is flawed
- Why the current International Monetary System is unstable
- Jim’s new book “Aftermath: Seven Secrets of Wealth Preservation in the Coming Chaos”
| For other embed code options click here. | Download the
. | Download the podcast transcript:
Click to Play Now!
Aftermath: The Seven Secrets of Wealth Preservation in the Coming Chaos will be published on July 23, 2019.
Jim Rickards is the Editor of Strategic Intelligence, a financial newsletter, and Director of The James Rickards Project, an inquiry into the complex dynamics of geopolitics + global capital. He is the author of The New Case for Gold (April 2016), and two New York Times best sellers, The Death of Money (2014), and Currency Wars (2011) from Penguin Random House. He is a portfolio manager, lawyer, and economist, and has held senior positions at Citibank, Long-Term Capital Management, and Caxton Associates.