Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Josh Crumb to MacroVoices. Erik and Josh discuss:
- Current opportunities in gold market
- What is the range of possible prices for gold market
- Gold-Oil ratio: will the gold prices get brought down with oil?
- Important economic signals come from where people are hedging
- Is oil price constraining the gold price despite recent central bank policy actions
- What are the physical dislocations in the gold market due to COVID-19 impact?
- Is there a disconnect forming between physical and paper price of gold?
- Outlook on digital currency
- Possibilities of global digital reserve currency
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Patrick will refer to it throughout postgame. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Josh Crumb is the Founder and CEO of Abaxx Technologies, which has applied for licenses to serve new global energy and metals markets with exchange execution and clearing for physical commodity trading. Josh was previously a macroeconomist at Goldman Sachs, head of global metals strategy in London, and previously founded Toronto Stock Exchange-listed gold bullion dealer Goldmoney Inc. (TSX:XAU), and precious metal jewelry company Mene Inc (TSXV:MENE). Josh holds graduate degrees and certificates in Economics and Quantitative Finance, International Political Economy, and a Bachelor Degree in Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines.