Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Julian Brigden to MacroVoices. Erik and Julian discuss:
- Last year’s bullish outlook - does it still stand?
- Is the current level of spending in the economy being propped up by stimulus?
- APPL, TSLA and the classic bubble
- Why would the FED allow the bond market to clear at a market rate?
- Upside risks to treasury yields
- Perspectives on impending secular inflation
- How long do we have until we have a runaway inflation problem?
- What is the right metric that would indicate when things turn bad?
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Julian will refer to it throughout the discussion. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Julian Brigden is the Co-Founder and President of Macro Intelligence 2 Partners. Julian has over 25 years of experience in financial markets. He has held positions in market and policy focused consulting to hedge funds and banks, as well as in FICC sales. As a global macro strategist, not a journalist or economist by training, Julian’s primary focus is exploiting trading opportunities inherent in macroeconomic and policy-related developments. He is particularly skilled at exploring correlations in the economy and financial markets.
You can follow Julian on Twitter and LinkedIn