Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Steven Van Metre to MacroVoices. Erik and Steven discuss:
- Why deflation, why not inflation?
- QE – how it really works
- Why is the current MMT inspired stimulus not inflationary?
- Reasons why there is a need for existing bank reserves for QE
- What will the next stimulus bring?
- What is a liquidity trap and why we’re headed towards it
- Implications of liquidity trap and how to resolve it
- Outlook on bond yields
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Steven will refer to it throughout the discussion. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you're logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Steven Van Metre, Certified Financial Planner™ Professional, (CA Insurance License #0D45202 & Investment Advisory Representative with Atlas Financial Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisory firm.) is a financial planner, portfolio manager, and President of Steven Van Metre Financial. He specializes in retirement income strategies and the direct management of client assets.